The Art of Aquatic Cooking
Serves 6 to 8
by Cathy Wilkinson Barash © 2006
1-1/2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 cup cattail pollen
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
More recipes by Cathy Wilkinson Barash
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. Cut in butter with
a pastry knife until the mixture is mealy in texture. Quickly
stir in the milk.
3. Turn out onto a floured board. Shape and knead (as little
as possible) into an oblong about 1 1/2" thick.
4. Place on a heavy cookie sheet (or use one cookie sheet atop
another). With a sharp knife, cut dough into 2" squares.
Brush with melted butter.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cilantro Salsa | Chameleon
Wild Rice Salad & Wasabi Vinaigrette
Wild Rice Pudding | Daylily
Blueberry Pancakes | Full Bloom