An area of concern was where Moon connected with
Sun. We wanted enough finished width to work on plants in Sun
as well as a beefed up common edge with Moon. Beam blocks and
a plastic coated steel cable in the concrete topping accomplished
We built Moon in sections. Side walls were hand-built
and the bottom poured in after the sides were completed. Initially
sand from the hole was removed to a false dune east of the Pod
Then it was stacked in the completed portions
of Moon to be added back over the concrete bottom.
The day after filling, we added Nitella,
a rather attractive rooted algae, small fish and ramshorn snails.
A few days later we planted a little Victoria.